In this interview Nektarios Lioilios (co-founder and CEO of Startupbootcamp) talks about why his startup accelerator program is so successful.
Startupbootcamp is a global family of industry-focused startup accelerators. One important division is Startupbootcamp InsurTech. It is the first truly global insurance accelerator working alongside with leading insurance players. Each year the 10 most promising insurance technology startups are selected around the world to help them grow.
The host of this interview is Sam Maule who serves as Head of Digital / Fintech at NTT Data. He is active in Fintech circles and is widely considered one of the most knowledgeable voices in Fintech today.
Sam Maule hosts also the FinTech5 Podcast, a short-form punchy interview podcast with the GameChangers that recreate Financial Services and Technology.
In this interview you’ll learn:
- What is your role in startupbootcamp? (00:52)
- What is startupbootcamp? (01:00)
- Where did it originally start? (01:13)
- Where you surprised about the success of Innotribe? (02:08)
- What’s the difference between yours and other accelerators? (02:55)
- How come you mentor the mentors? (03:46)
- How do you determine what is the next city to launch? (04:20)
- Where do you live? (05:02)
- What is your nationality? (05:05)
- What is your favorite place to go on holiday? (05:16)
- What is the last book you read? (05:35)
- Where can we learn more about startupbootcamp? (05:46)
Watch and Listen
Original Source: NEKTARIOS LIOLIOS_THE RAINMAKER_EPISODE-32; Originally published: FEBRUARY 6, 2017
Links and Resources
- Nektarios Lioilios: LinkedIn and twitter
- The accelerator: Startupbootcamp and Startupbootcamp InsurTech
- Former accelerator: Innotribe Incubator
- Sam Maule: www.sammaule.net, LinkedIn and twitter
- The original podcast source: Fintech5 Podcast
Thanks so much for tuning in into InsurTechTalk. Do you have some feedback you’d like to share? Leave a note in the comment section below! And finally:
Don’t forget to subscribe to InsurtechTalk: >> Subscribe to stay up to date.
Karl Heinz (creator of InsurTechTalk)