They discuss the honest company culture of Lemonade and the commitment to doing social good. At last they talk about the technology based processes of the insurance startup.
Daniel Schreiber is the co-founder of Lemonade Inc., and serves as its Chief Executive Officer.
The full-stack InsurTech startup Lemonade is based in New York. The company is offering homeowners and renters insurance powered by artificial intelligence and behavioral economics. By replacing brokers and bureaucracy with bots and machine learning, Lemonade promises zero paperwork and instant everything.
The host of this interview is David Gogel. He is Vice President at the Singapore FinTech Consortium and an Alumni interviewer at The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
This interview is provided by the Wharton FinTech Podcast. It features founders, investors, students and thinkers from the world of FinTech with unique perspectives.
In this interview you’ll learn:
- Why did you startup in the insurance industry? (01:13)
- What did you learn since the launch of Lemonade? (04:02)
- What makes Lemonade unique in regard to incumbent insurers? (07:06)
- How does Lemonade leverage new technologies (like machine learning and chat bots) to enhance customer experience? (11:02)
- Will AI work in more complex settings outside of home owners insurance? (14:55)
- Who is the typical Lemonade customer? (16:24)
- What is Lemonade’s communication strategy to leverage the customer experience of trust? (20:26)
- What is Lemonade’s social mission and which non-profits do you support? (26:55)
- What are the future plans for Lemonade? (30:40)
Watch and Listen
Running time: 34:22 (49,3MB) Download; Original Source: https://www.acast.com/whartonfintechpodcast/wharton-fintech-lemonade-fintech-interview Original published: Dec 19th 2016
Links and Resources
- Daniel Schreiber on LinkedIn, twitter, press
- Lemonade Site, twitter, press
- David Gogel LinkedIn, medium
- Singapore FinTech Consortium (link)
- The full transcript of the interview (link)
- The Wharton FinTech Podcast (link)
Karl Heinz (creator of InsurTechTalk)